Donations & Sponsorships
Robotics is a very expensive hobby. A typical robot can cost hundreds of dollars to build.
For example, Nigel 5 has over $700 worth of parts. Multiply that by hundreds of components for our main lab and dozens of school robotics clubs, and you realize that we’re faced with something extremely challenging.
While the actual components are (relatively) affordable, the cost of shipping and taxes significantly increases the dollar cost per item.
However, this is a labor of love, we work within our means, and we will spread whatever funding we get to cover costs as they arise or are deemed necessary.
Donations or sponsorships from $5, $10, $20 and $50 to more than $ 5000 are welcome. Almost 80% of the electronics components we need are below $10. All the books we need are between $10 to $50. We’ll collect every single cent and put it to good use. In fact, we’ll account for every single cent and avail that information online right here.
To see how you can help, please download the Fundi Bots Profile + Budget (2758)
To help, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
While you do that, here’s an idea of what your donation can do for Fundi Bots.
What can a donation / sponsorship of $10 do?
- Almost 80% of the electronics components we need are below $10. Some are even below $2 for a pack of ten or twenty.
- All the books we need are priced between $10 to $50 each.
- Transport, facilitations, utilities, electronics components, all these are basically a collection of small bills which add up. Your $10 could help us foot those bills
- $10 can allow us to make occasional fees (like Robotics Camp fees) optional for gifted but underprivileged students / schools.
What can a donation / sponsorship of $100 do?
- Run a school club for 1 month OR
- Buy an electronics toolkit for a school club OR
- Pay for our internet for 1 month OR
- Pay for utilities for 1 month. OR
- Buy enough books to keep a school club busy for a long time OR
- Buy two to five books OR
- Buy 15 lab stools OR
- Buy lots of electronics components
What can a donation / sponsorship of $500 do?
- Cover our start-up legal costs OR
- Buy 5 work stations ( desk + chair) OR
- Buy one computer, setup our internet and buy 10 lab stools OR
- Handle electrical wiring, pimp up our facility (basic decor) and set up our internet.
- Cover an intern’s salary for 3 months OR
- Restock our electronics components for 3 months. OR
- Pay our internet for 5 months
- Keep a school club running for 6 months OR
- Buy Electronics (Toolkit AND Components) AND hardware components for 1 school club OR
- Buy a Computer AND an Arduino Kit for 1 School
What can a donation / sponsorship of $1000 do?
- Comfortably start up a school robotics club OR
- Keep a school robotics club running for 1 year OR
- Cover core salaries for 1 month OR
- Pay our internet for 10 months OR
- Pay internet and utilities for 5 months OR
- Restock our electronics components for six months OR
- Facilitate our School Facilitators for 5 months OR
- Cover an intern’s salary for half a year. OR
- Buy all the furniture we need and handle the interior decor OR
- Buy two computers (after some serious bargaining) OR
- Cover our legal expenses, setup our internet, handle interior decor and electrical wiring. OR
- Buy all the books we need and get our internet set up.
What can a donation / sponsorship of $2000 do?
- Start up a school robotics club and run it fully for 1 year.
- Cover our startup legal costs and rent for 6 months OR
- Buy us all the furniture we need, all the books we need, setup our internet connection and help us do electrical wiring for the entire facility. OR
- Buy all the computers we need, pimp up our facility (basic decor) and set up our internet.
- Cover our core salaries for 2 months OR
- Run our entire facility for one month. OR
- Cover facility expenses for 2 and a half months OR
- Pay our rent for 7 months OR
- Cover our School coordinator’s salary for 8 months.
What can a donation / sponsorship of $5000 do?
- It would pretty much cover our entire start?up cost for the facility (including rent for six months, which would be very awesome) OR
- Pay for half our electronics & hardware budget (which would pretty much get us off the ground) OR
- Buy us all Basic Electronics Components, Arduino Components, Books and Robotics Sensors that we need. OR
- Pay our rent and internet for an entire year OR
- Pay core salaries for 6 months OR
- Cover facility expenses for 6 months OR
- Run our entire facility for two and a half months
Links & StuffWe've listed some useful places, contacts, friends, vendors and sponsors below. We hope you find them useful.
- The Rogue King Founder’s blog. Rants and raves about everything and nothing.