What We Do
Fundi Bots has a very ambitious goal, mission, vision, whatever you choose to call it. This dream has been years in the making, and while we’ve made good baby steps over the past few months, we think the time is right for us to push the project a lot further.
Currently, Fundi Bots’ founder, Solomon King gives presentations on robotics and electronics to high school students through invitations from Cafe Scientifique. So far we give presentations to more than five schools on a regular basis. These schools include: Kalinabiri Secondary School, St. Kizito Secondary School, Makerere College School and Kira Senior Secondary School.
We also made presentations at the National Science Week last year to a group of more than 100 students. It was the amazing reception and buzz we got from that presentation that gave us the final push to start this Fundi Bots.
The Immediate Future
As we work towards getting Fundi Bots off the ground and independent, we are talking to individuals and organisations who are willing to help or partner with us in any way they can so we can expand our outreach and improve our “robotics lab”, which is still currently housed at the founder’s home.
Our next steps are:
- Expand outreach to more schools, especially outside of the capital city, Kampala.
- Move into a larger and more public location where we can setup a bigger experimentation facility.
- Start holding periodic lectures / training sessions for students at the new facility.
- Begin larger-scale experimentation and research on practical solutions to real problems, like rural electrification, energy conservation and automation.
If you believe you can assist us in any way, please visit the How You Can Help page for more information. Don’t worry, there are many ways you can help us, not just financially.
The Distant Future
We are limited only by imagination.
Links & StuffWe've listed some useful places, contacts, friends, vendors and sponsors below. We hope you find them useful.
- The Rogue King Founder’s blog. Rants and raves about everything and nothing.